Living life one incredible day at a time...

Living life one incredible day at a time...
DECORATE * RENOVATE * CREATE * APPRECIATE

About Me

My photo
Greetings Friends, Family, Fellow Blogging Community!! I'm a 30-something year old music teacher and enthusiastic self-taught decorator, who loves to spend time with my tremendously talented and handsome one-of-a-kind husband, Jon, our two amazing children, Clara and Carson, and my wonderful loving family and friends!! I love all things creative and artsy, including design, music, dance, art, scrapbooking, you name it!! I decided to commence this blog in order to create a fun and creative on-line journal showcasing the exciting adventurous journey of the Botbyl family, and in order to keep in touch with and hopefully inspire other individuals, like myself who love to share a wonderful life's design consisting of love of family, friends, and creative living!! Please leave me a message/comment if you decide to visit my blog, or add yourself to my list of "followers" so that I can visit your awesome blog or Facebook!! Look extremely forward to hearing from you!! Have an incredibly amazing day!!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Fling and Foyer Progress!!

Spring is definitely on its way!! I can feel it, and am totally ready for it!! I already have red, orange, and yellow spring flowers out in green-gray urns to the left and right of our front door. They've blown away three times since I put them out a little over a week ago, but I keep putting them right back!! A little wind is not getting in the way of me giving spring a huge bright warm welcome like it deserves!! This morning I put together a home-decorating diy to-do list which includes giving our brassy dining room chandelier one sassy french inspired makeover and creating simple modern art for our master bathroom, (which has recently been painted a gorgeous warm caramel color), as well as general updating and experimenting. I decided to dive head first into home improvement/decorating projects this summer, since I may not be as busy as I previously planned, and because this will be the 1st time we're experiencing the beautiful spring and summer months in our new house and neighborhood, which I'm absolutely certain will inspire us to come up with interesting projects!! I'm also hoping to stumble across some amazing but cost-effective (hopefully granite) counter tops for our kitchen, and am planning to have a glass tile (and possibly stone) back splash installed above the new counter tops, and possibly in our master bathroom above the tub as well. I'm getting extremely excited just thinking about all this!!
Next order of business, I would like to briefly report on the progress we've made on our entryway/foyer, which we've just had professionally painted, after we spent about a week scraping wallpaper off and patiently sanding till smooth. 1st, you'll see a couple of pictures from our home inspection back in June about a month before we moved in, followed by our current progress. Finishing this area of the house is definitely among my goals for the summer!! :
Before

Current/Progress

I totally love taking detailed photos of that awesome vintage door!! It's my favorite thing in the room!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: