Living life one incredible day at a time...

Living life one incredible day at a time...
DECORATE * RENOVATE * CREATE * APPRECIATE

About Me

My photo
Greetings Friends, Family, Fellow Blogging Community!! I'm a 30-something year old music teacher and enthusiastic self-taught decorator, who loves to spend time with my tremendously talented and handsome one-of-a-kind husband, Jon, our two amazing children, Clara and Carson, and my wonderful loving family and friends!! I love all things creative and artsy, including design, music, dance, art, scrapbooking, you name it!! I decided to commence this blog in order to create a fun and creative on-line journal showcasing the exciting adventurous journey of the Botbyl family, and in order to keep in touch with and hopefully inspire other individuals, like myself who love to share a wonderful life's design consisting of love of family, friends, and creative living!! Please leave me a message/comment if you decide to visit my blog, or add yourself to my list of "followers" so that I can visit your awesome blog or Facebook!! Look extremely forward to hearing from you!! Have an incredibly amazing day!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Searching for doors of opportunity and accentuating the positive...

You can never be too prepared for what life is about to throw at you!! With that confidently said, I'm completely a hopeless case, because I spend many hours every day meticulously planning and preparing the best way I know how for that which lies ahead, even in a general sense, and I've become quite a control freak, and frequently find it exceedingly difficult to loosen the reigns a little, and let God take control. The most we can hope for is to prepare ourselves as much as possible for a variety of circumstances, to learn to be as extremely flexible and open-minded as we can, while excitedly accentuating the positive whenever possible and searching for new opened - or even unopened - doors of opportunity.

I've been observing behavior for a while; In fact my job forces me to do this on a daily basis, and I find it extremely interesting that there are so many different viewpoints from which to look at life. Some people actually choose to be miserable, because they're scared of enjoying life, or feel guilty, like I some times do when I fear that I'm not working hard enough or not worrying enough, or whatever the case may be. I've realize how important it is to experience (and work toward experiencing) freedom, happiness, weightlessness, and creativity, even while doing the simple and mundane things, and while working really hard...and whenever we possibly can, and that it's not worth being upset, worried, guilty, paranoid, or feeling unworthy or like you're not doing enough. How difficult is it to not allow yourself to be effected by the beliefs, behaviors, and actions of others, or to let things get you down?? Extremely hard!!

I'm constantly trying to view life in an extremely positive way, even when things aren't going my way, and one of my continuous goals is to focus on positive aspects of life, things that I love and cherish, things that inspire and motivate me, things that push me further...and to integrate freshness, happiness, curiosity, interest, quirkiness, and art into an otherwise uninteresting or ordinary situation or daily activity. There can be art, creativity, happiness, freedom, love...all those wonderful descriptors and words present in normal every day things...we just need to train ourselves to look for and create them, and to not miss an opportunity to create them. If we commit to making our lives more interesting and positive, and wire ourselves to squash the negative right away, we will begin a whole new cycle, which will hopefully keep evolving in the right direction...I would definitely like to focus on that idea, no doubt!! This is just something my mind has been trailing off to lately...(What interesting thoughts has your mind been trailing off to lately??)

I've decided to make a commitment to search for and recognize the things or aspects of life that make me and others truly happy, truly free, truly able to be the best people we can possibly be, and to not take for granted the things and individuals that I'm blessed to have in my life. How often do we really think about the people that we come in contact with on a daily basis and how we can impact them in an amazing way, maybe helping them to experience something they've never felt, seen, or heard before...to experience life in a whole new way, or uncover concepts or ideas that may never have occurred to them before. This whole idea of slowly, (step by step), transforming ourselves and our lives into something incredible fascinates me for sure. I find it difficult to keep moving in what I know is the right direction, even if I sometimes feel as though I'm trudging through quicksand or swimming for my life against a strong (tempting...even persuasive) current. Creating an extremely well thought-out list of things that truly inspire me, and making it an important point to focus on the items on this list whenever I'm "trudging through quicksand" is definitely a great way to re-channel my energy towards something positive and continually recognize, acknowledge, and accentuate everything I've been blessed with in my life. 

Starting this April, I will come up with and include on my blog a list of inspiring and wonderful thoughts about things I love, which will be one of the ways that might help me to appreciate and improve life, while helping others to do so as well. Every month I'll do a little segment on these awesome aspects of our lives for which we feel blessed...

No comments: