Living life one incredible day at a time...

Living life one incredible day at a time...
DECORATE * RENOVATE * CREATE * APPRECIATE

About Me

My photo
Greetings Friends, Family, Fellow Blogging Community!! I'm a 30-something year old music teacher and enthusiastic self-taught decorator, who loves to spend time with my tremendously talented and handsome one-of-a-kind husband, Jon, our two amazing children, Clara and Carson, and my wonderful loving family and friends!! I love all things creative and artsy, including design, music, dance, art, scrapbooking, you name it!! I decided to commence this blog in order to create a fun and creative on-line journal showcasing the exciting adventurous journey of the Botbyl family, and in order to keep in touch with and hopefully inspire other individuals, like myself who love to share a wonderful life's design consisting of love of family, friends, and creative living!! Please leave me a message/comment if you decide to visit my blog, or add yourself to my list of "followers" so that I can visit your awesome blog or Facebook!! Look extremely forward to hearing from you!! Have an incredibly amazing day!!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Carson's Bold vintage train themed bedroom in progress!

Creating a bold colorful clever kid's space in a tiny bedroom! Carson's room is narrow and has a long wall of windows, so designing a super stimulating, inspiring, but bold minimalist space, open airy feeling, was challenging.

We chose a soft gray for the walls with a navy accent wall, mostly covered by windows and a balcony door, and kept things streamlined and simple with a few bold pieces, clean lines, geometric patterns, and 2 toys - a train tack with 5 trains, and a little barn with a few animals. We went with a transportation/train theme, but were careful not to over-do it. We opted for a charcoal gray and cream carpet from target, which I love, a simple vintage rustic sign (and a couple cute accessories) from hobby lobby, a lamp that I painted gray with a yellow and cream lamp shade from target(?), and his monogram, the C, which I mod-podged with yellow and cream chevron fabric and a bold tin B from Hobby Lobby. We purchased his adorable bedding from Walmart (gift from Santa), and a large Car painting from Kirklands...all these items were in different rooms in our last home, (so I only had to purchase a couple of items to complete this look) This room was the last room on the 2nd floor that we decorated, (aside from the bathroom which is still a 60's/70's mishmash/time warp), and we whipped it together rather quickly because I knew exactly the look I was going for! It is definitely still in progress - We'd like to add crown molding and a little reading nook in his closet which is a fairly good size and provides us with plenty of storage for clothing, extra bedding, etc. For now, this is Carson's vintage bold train/transportation themed bedroom!

 Here's a quick before picture that only captures the window, curtains, wallpaper, and radiator, but you can see the narrowness of the space. It's not much wider than the photo.

 Thank you so much for visiting us today! Have an amazing inspiring week! God Bless!

No comments: