Living life one incredible day at a time...

Living life one incredible day at a time...
DECORATE * RENOVATE * CREATE * APPRECIATE

About Me

My photo
Greetings Friends, Family, Fellow Blogging Community!! I'm a 30-something year old music teacher and enthusiastic self-taught decorator, who loves to spend time with my tremendously talented and handsome one-of-a-kind husband, Jon, our two amazing children, Clara and Carson, and my wonderful loving family and friends!! I love all things creative and artsy, including design, music, dance, art, scrapbooking, you name it!! I decided to commence this blog in order to create a fun and creative on-line journal showcasing the exciting adventurous journey of the Botbyl family, and in order to keep in touch with and hopefully inspire other individuals, like myself who love to share a wonderful life's design consisting of love of family, friends, and creative living!! Please leave me a message/comment if you decide to visit my blog, or add yourself to my list of "followers" so that I can visit your awesome blog or Facebook!! Look extremely forward to hearing from you!! Have an incredibly amazing day!!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Basement Renovation Part 3! Paint, flooring, lighting, and happy baby!

Life has been insanely busy, as I'm certain it has been for all of you. I've been meaning to create this post so that I can stay current when blogging about our basement renovation, which is going quite well, but I've fallen a little behind, so tonight, after Clara dozed off and settled into Dream land, I (while uploading important artifacts into my document library on McRel), managed to finish this post. That said, let's jump right in...
Our basement is finished and painted! The paint colors look amazing and the crew was fantastic!! (More details on this below) We've already begun neatly storing items in the small unfinished section of the basement, for which we purchased a heavy duty shelving unit from Lowes that will allow us to stay exceedingly organized.

This Friday, our flooring will be installed - Yes! Jon picked up the (laminate) wood flooring from Lowes today and our carpet came in a couple days ago. The flooring installation will be the last step before we're able to begin styling the room, and I can't wait! I'm literally shaking in my boots with pure excitement, creativity bursting! Because we've been incredibly busy with school this year - so many new policies, paperwork, etc. - I've literally had to schedule a date with myself for the design/decorating process so that I have specific time set aside for this exciting project.

Here are a few photos of our basement reno in progress (taken at night, so lighting isn't the best) :
Below are a couple current photos taken within the last day or two. The spaces you will see are as follows : Clara's wonderful playroom to the left, our living space to the right, and Jon's music room in the back to the left behind the playroom. For the ledge in the landing and on the half wall of Clara's playroom, as well as Jon's music room's door, we used a minwax stain, which came out marvelous - love love love it! We're extremely glad we finally chose an upgraded wooden door with glass panels rather than a vintage rustic barn door, which was the original plan for that space. The door we chose looks wonderful, lends itself to a more modern feel, and prevented us from having to suspend an old vintage door from a track on the ceiling, which is cumbersome and would definitely have resulted in frustration, arguments, and higher costs (for the track and hardware) I appreciate how cut and dry this choice of door was and how easily it was stained etc. (thank you painting crew). As far as lighting goes, we're grateful for so many recessed lights as well as our wonderful sconce, located next to our glass paneled door, which gave us serious headaches, but proved to be worth it in the end! (Awesome idea Jon! The sconce looks terrific!)
The next step, after our flooring installation, includes painting a couple large items for the playroom and living area, styling Clara's built-ins, and finalizing a creative art gallery wall for the playroom, which I've been working on for over a year now, and have no idea where I'm going to put it. I've already laid out everything else in my mind and can't wait to see it brought to life, even if Clara's a little too young to appreciate how artistic and creative I've striving to make it.

It's nothing but work work work around here as Clara learns a couple of awesome life lessons about the value of patience while waiting "patiently" for her wonderful playroom to be finished! "That's ok, I'll just play in the living room while I'm waiting..."
Overall, we're over the moon about the basement renovation and we can't wait until the flooring is installed and are extremely excited about decorating and blogging about everything!!
Hope this has been an amazing week so far!
Thanks so much for visiting! God Bless!

No comments: