Living life one incredible day at a time...

Living life one incredible day at a time...
DECORATE * RENOVATE * CREATE * APPRECIATE

About Me

My photo
Greetings Friends, Family, Fellow Blogging Community!! I'm a 30-something year old music teacher and enthusiastic self-taught decorator, who loves to spend time with my tremendously talented and handsome one-of-a-kind husband, Jon, our two amazing children, Clara and Carson, and my wonderful loving family and friends!! I love all things creative and artsy, including design, music, dance, art, scrapbooking, you name it!! I decided to commence this blog in order to create a fun and creative on-line journal showcasing the exciting adventurous journey of the Botbyl family, and in order to keep in touch with and hopefully inspire other individuals, like myself who love to share a wonderful life's design consisting of love of family, friends, and creative living!! Please leave me a message/comment if you decide to visit my blog, or add yourself to my list of "followers" so that I can visit your awesome blog or Facebook!! Look extremely forward to hearing from you!! Have an incredibly amazing day!!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Basement renovation Project Part 2 : Fabulous flooring, paint swatch extravaganzas, and 1 incredibly picky baby!

As I've mentioned, we're extremely excited about our basement project and although the space has yet to be painted, and there's a concrete floor, I still venture down there just to peak at it, using excuses such as "I'm just looking over some paint samples down here...be right up!" or "I'm measuring my accent wall...be right back!" when in all honesty, I'm just down there...standing there...with Cece by my feet...basking in the newly found warmth and freshness, imagining the true amazing potential of the completely bare space!
I'll admit I'm slightly nervous about when I will find the time to put all this together! School has been a little stressful lately, and time has been extremely limited, but I vow to make it a point not to skimp on our basement design one bit, and I will continue blogging at least once a month and spending as much time with my little sweet pea as possible while I'm at home...and she's awake...no matter what! (Insert a couple more baby photos here...)
Back to the basement...Let's talk about lighting! We've taken lighting seriously, and didn't allow any detail to slip by when we were designing this space. We chose an abundance of recessed lights as well as (one pendent, then when that almost knocked someone out didn't work) track lighting (which Jon tells me not to refer to as tracklighting because that's not what it really is...he says) in the landing on your way down to the basement...and added a sconce next to Jon's practice room, which we thought would be simple (but ended up causing several major headaches.).

This passed Tuesday, our electrician and cabinetry-guy added all the lighting and finished shelving, woodwork, and doors etc. At this point, the basement is almost ready for paint, which makes me uber excited considering that choosing paint will be one of the major high lights of this project...and every project!! I could literally live in a paint sample aisle. I haven't taken pictures of the space yet with lighting and doors, woodwork etc, but I as soon as I have a chance, and it's not dark outside, I will!

Flooring is another important element, and we've narrowed down some flooring that we're considering purchasing and having installed for the space. We've chosen and ordered carpet already, and this will be installed on our steps as well as the baby's playroom. I love how the light pearly grays play off the charcoal grays, and how incredibly easy it will be to clean (hopefully) due to the multitude of shades of gray within this carpet...Isn't that the name of that book? Wait no...that's "50 shades of gray"!
 Here are our choices for laminate/hardwood. We've already chosen, but haven't ordered one yet.
 
Here of course, is my adorable little helpy helperton narrowing down our laminate/hardwood flooring choices for us!! It's about time this child establishes athority in this project - Afterall, my main goal is to create a gorgeous inspiring whimsical play space for the sweet pea as well as a relaxing loungy adult space!
 I'm definitely looking forward to blogging about and including more photos of this project! Stay tuned...Have an amazing weekend!! Thank you so much for stopping by! Maybe next time, I'll actually look at the camera!

No comments: