Living life one incredible day at a time...

Living life one incredible day at a time...
DECORATE * RENOVATE * CREATE * APPRECIATE

About Me

My photo
Greetings Friends, Family, Fellow Blogging Community!! I'm a 30-something year old music teacher and enthusiastic self-taught decorator, who loves to spend time with my tremendously talented and handsome one-of-a-kind husband, Jon, our two amazing children, Clara and Carson, and my wonderful loving family and friends!! I love all things creative and artsy, including design, music, dance, art, scrapbooking, you name it!! I decided to commence this blog in order to create a fun and creative on-line journal showcasing the exciting adventurous journey of the Botbyl family, and in order to keep in touch with and hopefully inspire other individuals, like myself who love to share a wonderful life's design consisting of love of family, friends, and creative living!! Please leave me a message/comment if you decide to visit my blog, or add yourself to my list of "followers" so that I can visit your awesome blog or Facebook!! Look extremely forward to hearing from you!! Have an incredibly amazing day!!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

French Glam Kitchen progress and planning our Vintage farmhouse dining room!

When we first looked at this house, we immediately saw potential in this kitchen, with its workable layout and beautiful windows. As it cried out to me, "Make me over!", I knew it was something we could handle and not need to spend an arm and a leg, and my wheels started turning. I pictured light and airy, but still warm and inviting with cream cabinets and a floor that resembled drift wood, and some sort of glam glass tile back splash. Here we are 2 months later, plan played out, and loving it! My advice for kitchens, and any room really. Choose style buzzwords, pick 3 colors, and stick to it. Your space will evolve, but you want to always have strong buzzwords, and 3 colors, and try not to deviate.
Dining room Before

Peek at Dining room details as it comes together, and will hopefully be done soon.
For the dining room, we chose a soft grayish blue, which came out great! I wanted the vintage farmhouse feel to permeate this lovely space.
 We are also in the process of completely remodeling our tiny powder room off the kitchen. Here is a before photo:
Below is what it currently looks like, boy included. Carson is constantly in there scrubbing his hands like a cute little germaphobe. We loooove the modern clean look of white subway tile with black grout, so we went with it, replaced the toilet and vanity and continued the rustic wood tile from the kitchen into the powder room. Big difference - much more light airy, clean, and modern. More details to come!
 Stay tuned and thank you so much for visiting our family blog! God bless!
Just had to include a photo of Clara holding her 1st shopkins box, which she's been begging me to buy for her! I may have to create a post entirely dedicated to kid's toys and my rules of thumb when it comes to organizing kid's clutter and the inevitable accumulation of kid's toys. We're in a good habit of not buying toys unless it's for birthdays, holidays, or the occasional reward for amazing behavior.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and have an inspiring weekend! Hope you enjoyed our kitchen and dining room progress! God Bless!

1 comment:

Carruth Vallecillo said...

On the off chance that your psyche is not made up about payday advances, take all the time you have to settle on your choice. The whole credit process is greatly quick. Check Cashing San-diego