Living life one incredible day at a time...

Living life one incredible day at a time...
DECORATE * RENOVATE * CREATE * APPRECIATE

About Me

My photo
Greetings Friends, Family, Fellow Blogging Community!! I'm a 30-something year old music teacher and enthusiastic self-taught decorator, who loves to spend time with my tremendously talented and handsome one-of-a-kind husband, Jon, our two amazing children, Clara and Carson, and my wonderful loving family and friends!! I love all things creative and artsy, including design, music, dance, art, scrapbooking, you name it!! I decided to commence this blog in order to create a fun and creative on-line journal showcasing the exciting adventurous journey of the Botbyl family, and in order to keep in touch with and hopefully inspire other individuals, like myself who love to share a wonderful life's design consisting of love of family, friends, and creative living!! Please leave me a message/comment if you decide to visit my blog, or add yourself to my list of "followers" so that I can visit your awesome blog or Facebook!! Look extremely forward to hearing from you!! Have an incredibly amazing day!!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Landscape Love - Part 1

This is the 1st part of "Landscape Love", which will be broken up into 3 posts, due to the detailed process of our new landscaping plan, & the exciting & delicate footage that I managed to collect over the last couple of days. 

When Jon & I moved into our new home, we immediately planned to give special and well-deserved attention to our landscape, especially because the look of our new neighborhood and the wide variety of trees and "forest-like rustic elements" lends itself to a flexible and imaginative array of shrubs, plants, flowers, etc, whatever you prefer. This definitely excites me, although I'm way more likely to spend quality time inside the house, not in the garden, & wouldn't exactly consider myself a "green-thumb" type of girl. This neighborhood, however, inspires me to take more time to creatively design our yard, just as we enjoy designing each room in the new house. Here are a couple of photos of our house, as it looked when we moved in : Beautiful, but a little overgrown...yet certainly full of potential!!

 Above you'll see the Man-eating tree monster covering our living room window, & below you'll see Jon furiously wrestling with one of many smaller monsters, that have gotten slightly out of control.
Apparently, Jon outsmarted his ferocious foe, & lived to tell the tale.
Of course, none of this DIY yard crashing craziness would be possible without Edward Scissorhands himself, who can turn anything into a mustache.  
 And Dan the Muscle man, who can rip out gigantic tree stumps with his bare hands, and bend a tree limb as if it were a pencil!!
All in all, it was extremely successful, although we hired a landscaping company to do some of the dirtier work, such as take out the moster tree, which may have been too large for any of us to handle, & possibly plant some smaller bushes & flowers that Jon & I picked out yesterday. We're on our way to a beautiful, inspiring, & (hopefully not-to-difficult-to-maintain) well manacured front yard (& backyard??) 
Macho Macho Man!! I'm gonna be a Macho Man!! Hey, Hey, Hey Hey Hey Hey!!!!!!!!

To be continued...

No comments: